The Town of Allenstown is seeking a part-time Fire Chief for up to an average of 28 hours per week (1,456 hours annually).
- Is appointed and reports to the Board of Selectmen. Works in tandem and under the general administrative direction of the Town Administrator on various fire department initiatives.
- Establishes departmental operating policy and works independently in supervising all technical operations of the department and in accomplishing desired work results. The Fire Chief oversees a department with one full-time Captain and approximately 25 Call and Per Diem Firefighters.
- The annual budget is approximately $287,146.
- Supervises directly or through subordinates all employees of the Fire Department and provides administrative direction to assure maintenance of an effective fire prevention training and fire suppression program for the Town. Has responsibility for the hire, separation and discipline of personnel subject to approval of the Board of Selectmen.
- Responds to fire and EMS emergencies as dictated by current conditions and assumes complete operational control of the department and emergency scenes when required. Ensures that assigned activities are accomplished through the chain of command.
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
A resume and letter of interest can be sent to the Town Administrator Derik Goodine via email at
or mailed to:
Derik Goodine, Town Administrator
Allenstown Town Hall
12 School Street
Allenstown, N.H. 03275
Deadline for Resume and Letter of Interest is Tuesday August 14, 2018 at 2pm